May is #ALSAwareness Month! Awareness is critical to our vision of creating a world without ALS. The more people know about ALS, the more they get involved, and the more they support ALS advocacy, research, and care services. This kind of support gets us closer to finding potential treatments for ALS, and eventually a cure.
Here are 31 ways you can take part in ALS Awareness Month:
- Sign up to be an ALS Advocate
- Host a fundraising event
- Share this blog post and follow our Chapter Blog
- Follow us on Twitter
- Share your ALS story
- Become a volunteer
- Register for a Walk to Defeat ALS near you
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Join Team Challenge ALS and participate in the Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Challenge
- Participate in the PA State Advocacy Day of Action on May 12
- Attend the lunch and learn advocacy info session on May 11
- “Like” and Follow us on Facebook
- Sign up to receive our chapter newsletter
- Join our planned giving program to: Leave a legacy and include our Chapter in a planned gift. Already have us listed as a beneficiary? Let us know!
- Get your ALS swag from our Swag Store
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Listen to the ConnectingALS podcast
- Attend our Caregiver Support Group
- Attend the new Living with ALS Meeting *only for those diagnosed with ALS
- Listen to this month’s Care Services Webinar
- Double your fight by asking if your company has an employee matching gift program
- Nominate your boss to participate in this year’s ALS CEO Soak
- Follow us on Instagram
- Become an ALS Social Media Ambassador
- Share an ALS facts post during our ALS Share-A-Thon – find these on Facebook and Instagram throughout the month of May!
- Attend the Walk to Defeat ALS kick off on May 15
- Donate to support the fight
- Become a corporate partner
- Start a Facebook fundraiser
- Participate in Youth Action Day on May 15
- Become an ALS Ally – $25 gets you a mug!
Here are some more ways you can help:
Many people, even if they’ve heard of ALS, know very little about what the disease is or what it is like. Share the graphics below with others—through social media, email, or even posting on your own blog or website. Full Graphic Kit Available HERE
Remember, every time you share or post something about ALS awareness, use the hashtag #ALSInThisTogether. This will make it easier for people to find more information on the topic, and increase the visibility of ALS Awareness Month.
Throughout May, we’ll be publishing blog posts, highlighting recent advances in research, sharing inspirational stories from people living with ALS, and providing tools for people to learn more about the disease and get involved. An easy way to take part in spreading the word is to simply share these posts on your social media accounts. You can stay notified of each new post, and easily share them, by Signing up to become an ALS Social Media Ambassador (#ALSAmbassador)!
In addition, you can stay up to date by following us on Facebook , Instagram, and Twitter.
The biggest thing you can do in the fight against ALS is to help raise funds for research and essential services for people who have the disease.
Throughout the month of May, the Chapter is turning to its fellow western Pennsylvanians for help to continue these essential services and asks those to consider kicking off ALS Awareness Month by making a donation.